Monday, July 18, 2011

Becoming a model

Since I'm going to a modelling/commercials agency I though I should talk about modelling here. I want to be an actress, I am going to a modelling agency because:
  • People say that I would be a good model and I want to try out.
  • The agency also makes TV commercial, and that's something I'd like to do.
  • To get experience.
I know many people would like to become models, and many people would like to try out as models for the same reasons I am(I have no interest in becoming a professional model or anything).

First, you should find a modelling agency. So, basically, google it, and look for agencies near you, and once you find one you like, just call it and ask if they are having open calls, or if you should go there at an especific time.
Also, go to agencies that are for whatever your interested in so if your interested in commercials go to a modelling/commercials agency(like the one I am going to).

After I go to the agency, I'm going to make a whole post about what I did and what happened there and if I made it to the cast and everything.

Sometimes they ask you to bring pictures of you, or to send them pictures of you, and sometimes they just want to see you in person, so just make sure to ask them exactly what they want, and what you should bring, and if you should wear something especific and everything. Because some agencies ask you to bring stuff and some agencies don't but you don't want to get there and don't have what they want right?

Like in acting, you should look confident and in a good mood. That actually increases your chances of getting accepted in the agency.

If the agency only accepts a certain kind of people, like if the agency only accepts people that are really tall(like 5'8 or 5'9), and you're short, don't even go, because your only going to be loosing your time.

Also make sure to practice. Like, practice in front of the mirror, find out poses that you look good in. And when your there, be serious, show professionalism. And have a good posture!

Be optimistic, but still, this is a very competitive industry, even more competitive than acting. So if you get rejected(which you are going to, and a lot) don't take it personal. There are going to be other agencies and I'm sure you are going to get accepted in one.

And accept yourself the way you are, because you can't change the way you were born. So don't waist your life wanting somebody else's life. You're beautiful in your own way and you are going to have an amazing life, no matter how you look! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment