Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monologues for Auditions

I've seen that a loooooot of people don't know how to find monologues or how to look for them. So I decided to make this post about it.

The thing is that when you're auditioning to an agency, the agents are probably going to ask for at least one monologue. They might ask for more though. In my experiences I noticed that they usually ask for two monologues. A comedy monologue and a dramatic one.
The difference between those is that one of them is comedy(obviously) and it's suppose to make you laugh(though you shouldn't laugh while you're performing unless the monologue you are presenting "tells you too"). A comedic monologue is suppose to make whoever is watchig laugh. It's supposed to be funny :)
A dramatic monologues doesn't have to be dramatic exactly. It doesn't have to br a tragedy(I'm just saying because I know a lot of people associate drama to a tragedy or something sad and it's not always like that). It just has to be a more serious monologue.

Now, how to find monologues: before even looking for anything you should call the agency and ask them what they want to see. Some agencies only accept monologues by published authors (in that I'd say you should probably either search for a good monologue in a book that you have or go to a library or to a book store and search. Of course you can still search for the monologue in the Internet but check if he author is published before you present that.

Otherwise you can just research. I guarantee you are going to find lots and lots of good either comedic or dramatic monologues in the Internet. I'm not in my computer right now(I'm posting from my iPhone) but later on I'm going to post some sites that I like and some good monologues you can use.

Good luck! (:

Obs. Some agencies also ask you to present a monologue they wrote themselves so be sure ask them before you do anything.
And quick tip: make sure to always have at least one good monologue memorized in case anything happens

No comments:

Post a Comment