Friday, September 16, 2011

Guest Post: Linda Wartenweiler

The first guest here in the blog is Linda Wartenweiler, an actress that lives here in New York. Hope you guys enjoy what she has to say about acting and her work. (:

"Some thoughts I’d like to share with you about the wonderful world of ACTING….

To me being an actor/actress is the most wonderful job that exists! It simply does something to me, it opens doors and energies in my senses that simply wants me to fly away! Yes, this is a tough business everyone says, but hey, if this is what you really, really want to do and HAVE to do, then I believe that you can fly higher then you can imagine… One thing I believe in as well as an aspiring actress is that you have to listen to your heart, your intuition, follow some rules that are out there about the business, stay focused, positive and the most important thing: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!! With all that together you can mix your own recipe and walk along YOUR way as everyone has it’s own one to walk. There is no such thing as 1 way, yours is unique.



There are many people out there who decide to focus on an acting career because of the $$... Well, I believe that these are for sure the wrong motives, but it doesn’t mean that success wouldn’t come their way. “Success”, how do we define you anyways?! For some people success is the fact to be cast in an Off-Off Broadway play for the hell of it, others are happy to follow a background acting career or to be able to make a living out of any acting gigs without a day job (anymore) and others define success by becoming an A-list actor/actress. So you need to find out for yourself what kind of artist and person you are. What are your motives and talents to follow an acting career and if there’s a fire burning inside of you about it or not. To me the fire is very, very essential and one of THE key ingredients if you want to go beyond background work and/or to be “successful” in your doings, as this is what keeps you alive and drives you forward!



Now you will ask yourself what did I achieve so far and who I am…. Well, 5 years ago I moved from Switzerland to NY to follow my childhood “triple” dream: “Acting-NYC-AmericanEnglish”. At first NYC and the acting world was a huge jungle for me, coming from “innocent” Switzerland as a banker… but now that I’ve done my basic studies, worked on several projects on sets and on stages, learned my lessons, talked to many, many artists & industry people, know what kind of actress I am, what jobs I will book and what qualities I bring to my craft, I am positive that I’m more than ready for what comes next on “my” way!! Yes, I do have my own goal, dreams und success vision and my fire is burning and growing more and more these days…. ;)



These were some of my many, many thoughts and opinions I have about this topic… Thank you for reading and I hope that I was able to light some fire in you or to bring back your motivation if you should have lost it…!

Break legs out there and never forget: “Don’t dream your life, live your dream!”

-Linda Wartenweiler
 Personally, I agree completly with Linda and wish her good luck on everything she does.

"Never give up on your dream no matter how hard it is to get there. You can do it if you try hard. If that's what makes you happy than that's what you should be doing."


Follow Linda on twitter @lindaswizz : twitter.com/#!/lindaswizz
Subscribe to her youtube page : http://www.youtube.com/user/lindaswizz?feature=mhee#p/u
Her imdb page : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3259919/

PS. Yesterday the agency called me (: . They asked me for my age and birthdate and I told them I was 13. They told me they had a work available for me but I had to be 17 or older but that they are already looking for more stuff and that they'll contact me. Even though I couldn't do it, I got 2000x more excited than I already was hahhaa. I'll let you guys know when they book me for something! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment