Friday, August 12, 2011

My visit to the modeling agency!

Hey hey!
As you probably already know, I went to a modeling agency today. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, because my camera had no battery at all, and neither did my phone (please don't kill me). But my instruments are charging now, and I'll be posting the pictures of my outfit soon enough.
So moving on to what happened, my mom called the agency yesterday and they told her that I could go there today at 5PM and I didn't need to bring anything except for myself.
So today, at 5, I went to my mom's work and from there, we went together to the agency, which is really, really close to the place my mom works.

When I got there I had to fill some information about me like my name, my age, my address, my phone number, my e-mail, the languages I speak, if I have any experience(which I don't by the way) and then we had to wait in a waiting room. 20 minutes later my name was called and we went inside with a producer.

He asked me if I wanted to be a model profesionally and he took my measurements(my height, waist, hips, etc..) he told me to walk(normally, like I walk in my everyday life).
Then he explained a lot about the modeling industry, and what they do. They also asked my mom if I could take pictures in bikinis and if I could cut and die my hair and they said that I didn't have to do it if I didn't want to, because, if someone doesn't, there are 50 more people that do, so they don't really care.

He also told me about a girl named Shirley, and how she changed so much since she got into the agency, 4 months ago. He showed me pictures of her, she is beautiful and she is going to Paris in some months.

Now, I'm not going to lie, I got kind of scared. When I came into the room, there were two piles of forms(like the one that I filled). One of them had like a billion forms and that was the rejected people pile. And the aproved people pile had only 3 forms in it. 3!!
But when we were done with the interview, he said, "I'm going to aprove you now. Welcome to the agency". I was so happy(but I didn't show that. Be professional).
He introduced me to Shirley and I'm going back there to take pictures until August 19th. I'll make a post about that too. And of course, post some pictures here! ;)
(I'm not saying that because I think I'm so awesome and got accepted, I'm just showing you guys that this is a really competitive business and that it's hard to get in. If you didn't make it the first time, try it in other agency and don't feel sad. Follow your dreams)

I'm so glad, and good luck to all of you who are doing something like this!

Just pointing out, modeling is really competitive and you'll get rejected a lot even if your the most beautiful person in the world. I'm sorry but it's the truth. So be strong!

xoxo
-Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment